Comprehensive ICD-10 Internship program for Medical coders and billers
Medesun ICD-10 Program is highly unique. To our knowledge, Medesun trainer Dr Guptha is the only AHIMA ambassador and AHIMA ICD-10 Trainer in India providing comprehensive ICD-10 training with ICD-10 Mapping tool kit.
This online internship for Medical Coding simulates the experience of working in an coding company, so you can fully prepare for your first coding job. In most medical coding jobs you will be required to meet a quota of work, producing a certain amount of work each hour. This internship provides both practice coding sessions & timed coding experiences, covering both inpatient and outpatient coding. You will learn the day to day application of HIPAA as well as the practical usage of the ICD-10-CM, ICD-9-CM, CPT, and HCPCS codes. After completing the internship, you can print an online portfolio showing your coding proficiency in 18 specialties that can be shown to potential employers.
This is an excellent opportunity for a trained coders to gain hands-on work experience in a fun, and fast paced environment. In addition to working on a variety of medical billing and coding related tasks, the intern also has the opportunity to apply recently acquired knowledge with a company focused on a variety of medical coding records of different medical specialties. We encourage creative thinking.
Many companies hire experienced coders because
- Coding is a quality job
- Coders should have ICD-9, CPT coding guidelines knowledge
- Application of reimbursement rules
- Through analysis of ICD-9 and ICD-10 guidelines
- Medical Billing, EOB and Denial Management
- Self-Escalation of coding issues
- ICD-10 guidelines and its application
- ICD-9 to ICD-10 Conversion
- Ability to dual code and identify the documentation GAPS
- ICD-10 PCS coding guidelines and its application
- ICD-9 Volume-3 coding
- DRG analysis
During internship, students will
- Receive Comprehensive ICD-10 Training-classroom and online
- Practice ICD-10 coding at home on case studies provided by Medesun
- ICD-10 Mapping tool kit
- ICD-9 to ICD-10 conversion tools
- 2000 Medical records dual coding with in-depth rationale.
- Many coding scenarios and conversion techniques which simulate the live work experience
- Internship duration-20 hours/week for 3 months
- Once internship is completed, ICD-10 Internship certificate is provided with recommendation letter stating the ICD-10 coding experience.
Internship Program Eligibility:
- Certified CPC coders-or
- Trained coders-Must have been completed minimum 200 hours of coding training
- Have strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- 42 engaging modules cover diverse specialties and simulate the work experience of a multi-specialty medical practice.
- 500 total reports, including 30 reports in each module, progress from easy to more difficult cases.
- Answers and rationales help you understand the reasoning behind a proper coding sequence.
- Trial and practice exams in each module help you track your comprehension and progress.
- Dual coding addresses the transition to ICD-10 by providing coding answers in both ICD-9 and ICD-10.
- Building a printable portfolio of results provides examples of your work and demonstrates proficiency to potential employers.
ICD-10 Internship Fees:
Online Internship: Duration-3 months | Fees: 12,000 INR(PLUS Taxes)
ICD-10 Internship Certificate:
Once all 500 Medical records are completed, intern need to take ICD-10 Assessment and must score 85% to get the ICD-10 Internship Certificate. You have 2 attempts to score 85%.
Click here for sample certificate