CMRS Certification Exam
CMRS(Certified Medical Reimbursement Specialist)
Actual Price : $625
Get a Discount of $200
Exam start date 25th March, 2011
Exam Fees $329(PLUS Taxes)
Exam Location : Online
Last Date for receiving applications :
21 March, 2011
To Register and for more details
CMRS (Certified Medical Reimbursement Specialist) is offered through American Medical Billers Association (AMBA). You can visit their website at www.ambanet.net/amba.htm
The test is offered on-line and you have 45 days to complete the test. You are tested on the following areas: Medical Terminology, Anatomy and Physiology, Information Technology, Web and Information Technology, ICD-9, CPT, Clearing houses, CMS-1500, Insurance, Insurance Carriers & Managed Care, Compliance, Fraud and Abuse, Case Studies and General Information.
The American Medical Billing Association(AMBA) has been providing this industry Certification and designation for nearly a decade.
The CMRS designation is awarded by the Certifying Board of the American Medical Billing Association (CBAMBA).
- FOR ENROLLED STUDENTS OF Medesun ONLY
- At a discounted price of $425.00.
- This cost includes: Membership to AMBA, CMRS Exam
- and Study Guide. Retail cost is $625.00
The current year's HCPCS, CPT-4, and ICD-9 Code Books are needed to take the exam. The AMBA offers a CMRS Study Guide. Purchasing the guide is optional but recommended because 80% of the exam is taken from the study guide.
Rules and Requirements:
- To take the exam and keep the CMRS credential up to date one has to be a member of the AMBA.
- One has a 45 day time period to complete the exam once enrolled.
- One must score an 85% or higher overall to receive a passing score on the exam.
- Upon passing the exam, one is awarded the CMRS designation and mailed a certificate suitable for framing.
- One is required to earn 15 continuing education units (CEUs) each year to maintain the CMRS certification along with a membership to AMBA. Fifty percent of your annual CEUs must come through the Association.
Two retest will be allowed, after a 30 day waiting period :
Certified Medical Reimbursement Specialists (CMRS) are skilled in facilitating the claims paying process from the time a service is rendered by a health care provider until the balance is paid.
The CMRS is knowledgeable in ICD9, CPT4 and HCPCS Coding, Medical Terminology, Insurance claims and billing, appeals and denials, fraud and abuse, HIPAA, OIG Compliance, information and web technology, reimbursement, and much more. CMRS Billers play a critical role in a health care provider's daily business operations.